When is the Festival in 2017?
Folk on the Rock Festival July 14th-16th, 2017.
- No outside alcohol – bags will be checked!
- Over 19’s only in the Beer Garden – IDs will be checked.
- No drugs or weapons.
- You must wear your wristband at all times. If you are found without a wristband, you will be asked to leave.
- No littering – Leave no Trace!
- No disposable water bottles – reusable water bottles can be refilled at various points on site.
- Recycle wherever possible and help us keep FOTR a green festival!
Bus: Buses will run throughout the festival, stopping at multiple locations in Yellowknife. For more information please keep checking back.
Bike:We encourage people to bike to Folk on the Rocks! Bikes can be locked by the main gate in the car park, along the fence. There’s plenty of room.
Taxi: Taxis drop off at the main gate, but pick up out on the Highway.
Car: Parking is limited on site. We encourage people to use other transport to get to the festival, such as the bus or biking. Do not park on the highway – you will be towed.
Is there camping available on site?
Camping is not available at the FOTR site. Fred Henne Park is the closest campground and you can book a reservation at www.campingnwt.ca
- Bring sunscreen and something to cover up with if it gets too hot!
- If you need help or have a question – find a volunteer!
- Buy your drink tickets at the start of the day to beat the line-ups!
- But pace yourself – there’s a lot of daylight to stay awake through!
- There are no lifeguards at the lake, swim at your own risk.
- This goes without saying – but bring bug spray. Lots of it.
- Dance in your bare feet by all means, but watch out for glass
What facilities are available on site?
- Food Vendors Area featuring a wide variety of cuisine for all tastes!
- Washrooms are available throughout the festival site
- ATM Machines (At Main entrance)
- Breastfeeding Tent (In the Children’s Area)
- Lost & Found Tent (at Main Gate)
- First Aid Tent (Facing Main Stage)
- Cell Charging Station (In Ecology North Tent, in Food Vendors Area and at the beer garden)
*Please note FOTR does ‘fog’ the site to help reduce the mosquitoe population during the festival.
Any other questions?
Please contact the FOTR office at firstname.lastname@example.org