Membership and AGM
This year's Annual General Meeting is taking place on Tuesday, November 8th, 2022 at 7pm MST online.
We would love to see you at our annual online AGM. Get involved by becoming a member or by running for a Board Member position!
The 2022 AGM documents can be found here.
Did you know that you can become a member of the Folk On The Rocks Society for only $5?
Benefits of our membership include:
- Taking part in all Folk On The Rocks general meetings and attend the AGM,
- Nominating candidates for the Board of Directors,
- Having your say by casting your vote for the Board,
- Being able to share your ideas by submitting proposals for inclusions on the agenda of general meetings.
Only members may attend the AGM. Provided your membership is up to date you will be emailed a Zoom link to the AGM at least 30 minutes prior to the AGM. Membership purchase and ticket links will be available until 10 minutes prior to the AGM.
To become a member, complete the form below.
Board of Directors Nominations
Folk On The Rocks has five positions available at our online Annual General Meeting at 7:00PM on November 8th, 2022. The positions open are President, Treasurer (one-year-only term), Secretary and two director-at-large positions.
FOTR is looking for forward-thinking, solution-oriented and dynamic Directors. FOTR encourages Board representation that reflects the diversity of our community.
Being a board member looks like:
- Looking at Folk On The Rock's big picture
- Influencing and impacting policies, strategies, and governance
- Overseeing Human Resources
- Take on an advisory role to the Executive Director for artist selections
- Ensuring the organization is financially healthy
Self-nominations are welcome. All nominations must be completed via the web-form by 11:00PM MST on October 21, 2022. Nominations will not be accepted at the AGM. Nominees must be Folk On The Rocks Society members. If you are planning to run for a position on the Board of Directors, you can pay your $5 membership fee on the Board Nomination form.
To nominate yourself or someone you know to the Board of Directors, fill out the registration form below.
Check back soon for more information about the AGM, including the Agenda, President's Report, previous Annual General Meeting Minutes, Financial Statements, and others.